Great Op-Ed: “Gay-Straight Alliances: Empowering youth, saving lives” http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/12/gay-straight-alliances-empowering-youth-saving-lives
Tonight: Our Gender Youth Group starts at 7pm at our office 408 N. Euclid (at McPherson) in Central West End 63108 #stl
St. Charles Youth Meeting 7pm at Youth in Need 1815 Boone’s Lick Rd. Just off I-70 to 94. Look for our banner off lower parking lot.
World AIDS Day is held on 1 December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died. World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day and the first one was held in 1988.
Nominations are now open for this year’s Trans 100! All those on the Trans 100 and in the Breakouts come from nominations provided by the general community. Nominations are open for a specific length of time as determined by the Trans 100 Team, via web form.
- Nominations are anonymous. Anyone may nominate, and they may nominate themselves.
- Nominees must be living
- Nominees must be currently working to improve the lives of trans people.
- Nominees must be doing work that has daily life impact in the service to the Trans Community, with special focus on the areas of ostracism elimination, stigma reduction, poverty reduction, furthering the social and economic development of the Trans Community, and building infrastructure within the Trans Community. On the ground, in the trenches work is valued first and foremost.
- Nominees can be working at any scale, locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Nominees must be or identify as trans.
- Nominees must be out as Trans people in their work.
- We particularly encourage the addition of persons of color.
- We particularly encourage the nominations of people who are unsung and/or unseen
- We particularly encourage the addition of those working in areas of multiple intersections
- We particularly encourage people from areas other than the coasts be added.
- The key question to ask is this: what are they doing to make life better for other trans folk in their daily lives?
Nominate folks here.
We will not be having our regular Thursday meeting at Trinity tomorrow night. Instead we are encouraging everyone to attend the LGBT Center Thanksgiving Dinner.
All are welcome. Families too.
Serving happens between 3-7pm. Folks are welcome to bring something to share although it is not required. There will be plenty of food.
The Center is located at 4337 Manchester Avenue in The Grove.Their number is 314-472-5428 http://www.lgbtcenterstl.org
We hope all of you have a nice holiday.